What’s a Shop Talk?
Shop Talks are for talking shop: comparing notes on letterpress equipment and techniques, finding sources for supplies, or sharing opportunities and talents. We gather around the virtual composing stone monthly for these unrecorded, free roundtables hosted by genial moderators.
This week’s topic
Join us for a virtual Lead Elephant gift exchange. Each player will provide a gift that would appeal to a printer and isn’t prohibitively expensive to ship. Here are the rules:
- Numbers for gift opening are assigned as each player joins the Zoom meeting.
- When your number is called, you can choose to either “unwrap” a gift by asking the player of your choosing to reveal their gift, or steal a previously-revealed gift.
- You’ll receive the gift in the mail—good or bad—unless someone steals it from you on their turn.
- If your gift is stolen, you can immediately open or steal another gift.
- Gifts may be stolen no more than three times.
- One steal is allowed per person.
- You are not allowed to keep your own gift.
- Once all the gifts have been claimed, each player is responsible for shipping the gift to the winner in a timely fashion.
Are Shop Talks recorded?
All of PiP’s Shop Talk events are live, uncensored, and unrecorded — you’ll find it’s a lot more fun and interactive this way. They are closed captioned using Zoom’s Live Transcription feature.